Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Queen of Multi-Tasking

So far today I have been in Training for work (from home) via net meeting, made dough for Gingerbread men (this is a cool recipe that doesn't need molassas but uses butterscotch pudding mix), made banana bread (it's to die for)

Banana Bread Recipe-

5 ripe Banana's (the riper the better!!)
4 eggs
1 cup shortening
2 cups sugar
3 1/2 cups flour
2 t. baking soda
1 t. salt
1 cup chopped walnuts (I don't add these as my family are not fans of nuts even though my family is full of nuts of one sort or another)

Beat Bananas well then add other ingredients till mixed well. Grease and flour 2 large bread pans or 6 small loaf pans. Bake 1 hour @ 300 degrees...(I actually cook it for 1 hour 15 mins.)

This is my Grandma's recipe...and it's the best Banana Bread I have ever tasted..I actually get requests for it from my co-workers. Sometimes I even add Chocolate Chips to it and it's sooo good..the smell of my house right now is amazing!

I also called the barn to check on Gracie since I haven't been able to make it out due to the Arctic Blast! The Barn owner told me that they had a pipe burst in the barn yesterday...I wish I could have made it out to help them clean up. Luckily it was on the side of the barn that hasn't been opened up for ponies yet. I'm sure Grace is bored and missing me...(oh wait I think it's me that's bored and missing her) and with the way the weather has been I don't know when I'll be able to get out to see her. She needs her grain bags done and Mom needs some horse therapy....being couped up with 3 kids is fun for about a day...

No comments:

Post a Comment