Saturday, February 21, 2009

Wanting to learn more!

I have been looking for books and am failing miserably. I want/need books on training with pictures. I would love to find a book that didn't assume I was working with a young colt/filly. I would love to find a book with info on bridling and starting a horse from the ground up..(again with pictures) I'm a very visual person.

And it would help if it had lots of ground work exercises. So if anyone has any suggestions that would be great.

I think working with Grace all last week has helped us immensely. She wasn't the spookalicious pony she had been, she was paying attention and wanting to do what I asked. Best of all she was calm. I think I've also relaxed quite a bit, and I think that is rubbing off as well.

Like I've said before I'm not really a follower of any in particular training method..but I'll use what's working for the things I'm asking her to do. Last week we were using some Perelli and she seemed to really take to it. I can't wait to get out there tomorrow and work with her some more.

If anyone has any ideas on good bit to start Grace with please leave a comment and let me know.
I'm ordering this one to see if she like it.

Korsteel Flexi Flavored Mullen Mouth Full Cheek Snaffle


If anyone has used this I would love to hear what you think of it.

I hope everyone is having a great weekend!



No comments:

Post a Comment