Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Didn't want to but...I'm glad I did

So I went to the barn in the rain and cold tonight. I haven't been in about a week and Grace was FRESHY Fresh! She always seems put out when I haven't seen her in a while, I did not miss you lady...now where is my cookie then maybe we can be friends again.

So we do some grooming..her mane is getting crazy long and she looks fantastic..she needs to put some muscle on but her weight is back up from when she was having her growth spurt a month or so ago. She just looks Big! She's starting to fill out more and not look quite so leggy. Her winter coat is coming in so I'm putting off blanketing as long as possible.

So off we go to the arena...it's dark and there are only 2 florescent lights in the arena and so there are spooky shadows and horse eating monsters hiding in every corner.

We lunged and my god I didn't know what devil horse I had brought with me, scary corner Buck, ohh somethings going to eat me Buck, just because I can Buck, scary corner again Buck..She never really relaxed and my confidence to ride was waining...mind you I haven't ridden her in about a week.

But my BBFF was also riding her mare and said and I quote "Man up woman and ride your horse" so I did...and she was perfect. We just wandered around and watched BBFF ride her pony and hung out in the lighted half of the arena.

When Grace has a rider she is so calm and open to learn it truly is such an interesting transformation from a skeerdy cat pony to a calm and trusting riding partner.

1 comment:

  1. How brave of you to get on even after watching her bronco-ness! Sometimes it is good to have a friend there to make you do what you don't want to do!

    ReplyDelete