Wednesday, March 17, 2010

The Show..

Here is JP1 and Star...They did so great! Just had to throw in this pic!
Okay I have to say that I have been putting off posting for a couple of reasons. Number one was I didn't really know how to put into words how to express how I was feeling. Grace and I had the best time ever. Grace won a ribbon in both English classes she was entered in. The best being the 5th place ribbon in the open W/T class. My friend Kim rode her and she beat out quite a few seasoned horses to win that ribbon. It was only Gracie's 3rd time with an English saddle on her back. Rumor has it she could be quite the Circuit horse if I wanted to pursue it. (did I say I teared up/bawled like a baby when I heard her registered name announced with owner Heather Haney following after she placed?)
This was us just warming up in the ring. She was such a good girl. Not one spook during our classes. There were 28 horses in the ring it was insane!
I had friends from work, blog friends (Hi JP2 and Char), and even old Barn owners from where Gracie has lived (they even helped me groom and tack her up because I was shaking so bad). It meant the world to me to have a cheering section, even if it was my mom asking why I didn't wear the right bra (sports bra next time). I wish Gracie's trainer could have been there...she would have been so proud. We missed you Rebekah!!!

I had such a great time. I didn't care that we didn't place in our classes, it didn't even matter. In my mind I won! We have two ribbons to put on the wall and I could not be happier.

My mom had a big bouquet of flowers waiting for us by Gracie's stall when we were done with our classes and I took a deep breathe and cried (thank you mom!!! you most of all know what this meant to me) ....What I learned was you can do anything you dream of doing, it may take years but it is so, so sweet when it happens.

Oh and I can't forget my horse widowed husband...without you this dream never would have happened, and I can't thank you enough, ever.

Till next time, Show Pony Grace and the 12 year old girl who came out to play on Sat. (me)

2 comments:

  1. Thanks Savvy!!! I can't wait to do it again. It made me realize that Grace and I can do anything! We have really come a long way! Do you have a blog? would love to check out your pony!

    ReplyDelete