Monday, April 20, 2009

Playing Hookie....sometimes you just gotta...

Today here in the PNW it was a fantastic 80+ Degree day...I work at a pretty high stress job in IT for a company that makes it's delivery drivers wear Brown...so when I saw that the weather was supposed to be so spectacular I decided it was worth the vacation day and extra work I'll be going back to in the morning....

Let me tell you it was so worth it...

I spent a couple of hours with Grace.  She must be the smartest horse ever because the grain trick took a bit longer today than it did yesterday.  I did prevail though.  I took her to graze and she loved it.  I sat with her and we just hung out.  Her enjoying the sweet spring grass and I enjoyed the view of the stable..it really is quite amazing.

I had every intention of taking the camera today but promptly forgot in my haste to get to the barn. 

Her self inflicted scalping on her flank is growing hair...so thats good.  

Oh and did I mention she's going for 30 days to the trainer at the end of May.  I'm hoping it goes well and she gets a great start undersaddle.  Can I just tell you how excited and nervous I am?

It's tough to put her into someone elses hands....no matter how good of a trainer you are using.   She has such a strong personality some people may not appriciate it as much as I do...

I just have to get her good and solid with her ground manners before she goes...no one wants to have the "annoying", "spoiled", "pain in the ass" horse.  (although at times she's ALL of these things) But I love her anyway.

No comments:

Post a Comment