Friday, September 17, 2010

Thankful for a good barn...

I am so thankful that I have a barn that I trust implicitly with Grace. My life has been beyond hectic the past month or so...I have not been able to get out to the barn to spend time with Grace let alone ride. I think I've seen her maybe 3 times, but I know she's in good hands. Thank you "R"!!

I miss her terribly. I'm going to try my best to make some time hopefully this weekend.

One of the big reasons I haven't had time to make it out to the barn is that I've decided to make some changes in my life. In my old age I have become extremely sedentary. I have taken up running, using the Couch to 5K program, and Zumba a combo of dance styles that I have just fallen in love with it is so much fun! I need to gain strength, endurance and reap some of the other benefits that will make me a better rider.

So really this riding hiatus is for both of us. (of course it's going to cost me some training time with our barn owner but it will be worth it!)


2 comments:

  1. Well
    Heather....hows it going??!!
    I'm so with you, am taking up walk /jogging, Monday...light therapy, and better habits all around.

    I'm also counting upon my new stable...to help me, as I stay away for balance sake in my life.

    In your header-your barn is soooooo cool! What's its name?
    Kac

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hellllloooo...
    I'm doing well. I've been had an annoying cold that only let's me go to work then I'm pretty much done for about a month now. Finally feeling a bit better.

    My barn is Ernst Ranch (in Eagle Creek area) they have a web site you can check out. It really is lovely. Indoor and Outdoor arena, round pen. Lot's of turn out. Grace is treated like a queen. The only bummer is that I don't have a riding partner anymore, and I'm not real big on riding alone.

    How have you been? I'll be texting you soon!!

    ReplyDelete