Friday, April 9, 2010

Meet Mabel, my first equine love.

I loved her, and she loved me...I think.
This is Mabel, I bought her for $800 dollars about 7 years ago probably about $500 too much but back then I had no idea about things like training, papers, confirmation. Zilch, nada.

I have no idea how old she was I was told she might be around 8 or so back then. She was a tiny little thing maybe 14.1 or so. She had been spoiled by her first owner. May had her so buffalo'd when she tried to put a bit in her mouth May just put her head in the air and her owner would just give up and put her away.

She was my first project. I used powdered sugar to get her to take the bit and had no problem and after.
She was a sweet sweet girl and to be honest she would probably be perfect for my oldest Daughter right now and I do feel bad for selling her....just not knowing what ever happened to her in this economy.

She taught me patience.
Reminded me of my obsession with horses
And also taught me that I will never again own a horse with more white than color.

I hope that she is alive and healthy with a little 4-H'er loving on her every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment