Sunday, June 13, 2010

We went it alone...almost.

Today was a big test for Gracie and I. A friend invited us to go on a trail ride with her and who was I to say no..so being still a little nervous about trailering Grace single, I asked a barn friend if she wanted to bring her gelding along for a ride.

I hooked up the trailer, loaded the ponies and off we went. I wish I had pictures but I forgot the camera when I was rushing out the door.

I was concerned because I hadn't ridden Grace since our trip to the Sandy Delta a couple of weeks ago, but again she washed all of those concerns out the window she did awesome!!

Bridge crossing, check, muddy inclines, check, deer, check...No problem for Gracie the wonder horse.

I'll be watching her feet because the weather has been WET to say the least and I'm a little worried that her feet were too soft to be out on some of the rocky footing they have out there.

I could not have asked for better company and a better older, seasoned horse. Who needs a been there done that when I have my Gracie...

What a way to round out this weekend.

2 comments:

  1. Gracie did awesome, she really did! I was really surprised and impressed by how well she did. She should be trailering like a pro in no time, too. Just takes miles. She'll definitely get there, she's got a great mind.

    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Does sound perfectly WONDERFUL!Good on you!
    KK

    ReplyDelete